Wednesday, 7 August 2013

In Which I Am Grateful To Win Beautiful Buttons!

Apologies for the radio silence around these parts, but we've been off on holiday, which promised to be great fun, and ended with a whimper when our temperamental car broke down, yet again. It appears she doesn't like the rain, which is problematic for a Scottish car, to say the least.

On arriving home, I found a lovely package from Sarah at Fulton & Co containing the most beautiful buttons I've seen in a long time.

This isn't the fabric I plan to use them with!

I had entered a competition on Portia's blog to win $20 worth of handmade buttons from Fulton & Co, and was so surprised to be one of the winners! I chose these beauties because they reminded me of Charles Rennie Mackintosh's roses, which I pretty much saw everywhere while studying in Glasgow. I plan to use them on Sew Liberated's Ashland Dress which I haven't gotten fabric for yet. Usually I buy buttons to match the fabric, but this time it will be the other way around! I'm thinking something in soft pink and creams, maybe vertical stripes? Any suggestions are welcome!

Also, before we went off on holiday, I was sewing up a storm, and managed to wear a handmade item nearly everyday. But, alas, there were no pictures taken of me the entire time. That sort of thing happens when you have three much cuter sons. But I'm hoping to get some pictures taken once all my laundry is done :) In total I made 3 Kelly skirts (a pattern I adore!), a sleeveless Violet, a Hawthorn dress, two gathered sundresses and another picnic blanket skirt - so lots to blog about! And of course, lots of your blog posts to read too :D

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I totally get the "how did I not get any photos of myself on holiday?!" thing...but can't wait to see all the stuff you made post event. Oh and well done, those buttons are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow , those buttons are gorgeous ....and yes I see what you mean about Rennie Mac....a fav of mine. Sorry the hols were dampened by the sick car ...fingers crossed that it can be saved. xx

    ReplyDelete