Saturday, 13 April 2013

That's All She Wrote ....

... for now, anyway.

Tomorrow we leave for Belfast to get hitched good and proper. After seemingly endless trips to the mechanic, and quite a bit of money paid out, our car is up and running, which is a relief. Today will be spent packing her, which, for some reason, is the bit I love. It's like tetris with suitcases.

There is an irritating niggling in the back of my mind that's making me convinced I've forgotten something. Though, naturally, I can't for the life of me think what it could be. Despite all my lists, I am always left feeling like this when I have to pack! It probably didn't help that I spent Wednesday and Thursday making another Wiksten Tova instead of actually planning or packing! I couldn't help it! I got some navy crepe de chine on eBay on a whim, because I loved the print and the four metre remnant was going super cheap. It was my first time sewing with crepe de chine, and it got ugly more than once, but that's a story for another day. The upside is that with the exception of my wedding day, I will be able to wear one me-made garment every day I'm away (okay so, I may have to wear the same top twice, but whatever.) That's an exciting achievement for me, as it means my wardrobe is starting to fill with more useful, wearable pieces and fewer mistakes.

Anywho, I'll be back in a few weeks time, hopefully with some wedding pics to share too.
See you all then!

4 comments:

  1. Hope everything goes well and it is a happy day for you all! Best wishes to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh how exciting! Hope the sun shines for you and I can't wait to see some pics when you return!!

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well. Congratulations in advance! Pls share some photos when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster award. If you would like to accept it, and there is no pressure to, please answer the questions on my blog: http://iwanttobeaturtle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/a-pleasant-surprise.html

    ReplyDelete