Monday, 14 May 2012

Versatile Blogger - My First Blog Award

It will come as no surprise that I've never won any kind of blog award. Mainly because I'm often guilty of criminally neglecting this poor blog when life gets busy, like just recently. But, while taking a sneaky hour to catch up on some blogs this morning, I noticed to my surprise that the lovely Jennie from Fancy Dresscapades has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award! Some bloggers may be well used to receiving awards like this, but this is my very first, and I'm grateful to Jennie for passing it on to me. You should all check out her blog too, as she is he very definition of a versatile blogger, covering loads of topics, from cosplay, to vintage style, and even her own wedding plans.


I also have to give everyone 7 unknown things about myself, and this may be a bit of a struggle, because I'm pretty much an open book!

1. I have a crazy secret crush on Gambit from the X-Men that I've kept pretty quiet about. There's plenty about him that's despicable but I can't resist his charm!

2. I love dresses, but the combination of perpetually breezy Scottish weather and insecurities about my legs means I more often than not resort to wearing jeans instead. I wish I could be a bit braver with my style choices.

3. I don't like dogs. I mean, really don't like dogs. I live in a neighbourhood with tons of dog owners, so I try not to be too vocal about it though.

4. I'm uncomfortable with direct eye contact. I've no idea why. I don't think it's part of any larger problem, but I'd rather focus on a person's mouth that their eyes. It freaks me out.

5. I love dinosaurs. Always have, always will! I wish I'd studied paleontology at university, but it didn't seem the the most sensible of choices back then.

 6. My kids were named after comic characters! Some people know that, but loads don't, so I think it counts. The characters in question are Ben Grimm (aka Thing), Jake Olson (one of Thor's earthly identities) and Oliver Queen (Green Arrow)

7.  I'm not keen on other people's kids. I love my own, of course, and other family members but I've never been a kid person.

I also have to pass the award on to some other bloggers. There's a wide range of subject matters here, so hopefully something for everyone. I recommend you check them out.

All Things Made

The Agoraphobic Fashionista

Jenny Stitches

fayeslifelist

Circle 7-2099

Pretty Little Pictures

Shozzy's Place

It's A Good Place To Start


Anywho, I promise I'll be back more often soon. I hand in my final assignment for uni on May 31st, and after that I'm taking a break from studying for a while. I didn't want final exams etc to be happening around the wedding next year, and to be honest, I'm in no rush to finish. That's the great thing about the OU, you can finish your degree at your own pace. I won't be going out to work again until Olly is in primary 1 at least, so I have plenty of time.

I have quite a few things to share, wedding related and otherwise, so hopefully I'll be updating regularly from the end of May.


No comments:

Post a Comment