Monday, 23 May 2011

Butcher, Baker, Candlestickmaker ...

Well, only one of those applies. But being a candlestickmaker sounds pretty awesome.
I don't bake. Why? Because I'm lazy, mostly. I don't like the mess it creates and I don't think I'd be very good at it. And, to be fair, I really don't need to be eating any more baked goods. However, once upon a time I had in my possession the perfect pecan and walnut pie recipe. Unfortunately, since then I have moved twice and the recipe is long gone. So my promise to make the boyfriend wonder a pecan pie for his birthday was looking a little foolish.

But the internet is created for problems like this - time will tell if this recipe is even close to the one I used to have.


I'm not sure if this looks delicious or gross. Really, I'm torn.

Some of you may be wondering why I bothered going to the effort of making a homemade pie for his birthday after the shambles that was my own birthday. Guilt, my friends. Never mind an eye for an eye, a crappy birthday for a crappy birthday. It is up to me to prove how awesome I can make this one day to make him feel worse about messing up mine. Conniving? Yes. Evil? Most certainly. But then that's me all over :)

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth, it looks like exactly the sort of thing I would really like, but probably shouldn't have! Yum!

    ReplyDelete