Sunday, 1 August 2010

Tiny little booties and anonymous secrets.




So, my latest baby creation is a teeny tiny pair of booties. Those who know me will not be surprised as I've knitted these for my twins when they were little and passed the pattern onto my MIL. These are the ever popular 'Saartje's booties'. This is definitely the most popular bootie pattern on Ravelry at the mo with over 8000 projects and really nice variations. Just google them and the pattern will be the first result. They only take about two hours to knit, but can be fiddly to sew up as they're so small.


I am currently half way through my favourite baby project so far and I'm hoping to have it finshed soon. I was forced to learn the intarsia method as I went along but once I figured out what the book was trying to tell me, it was really quite simple. I don't have any other baby knitting plans after this, though I am undecided about a little jacket which I might attempt.


Now for something completely unrelated - secrets. I'm an avid follower of the Postsecret website. For those of you unfamiliar with it, basically people send anonymous secrets on postcards and they are published on the website every Sunday. There are also books of secrets too, which I would sometimes browse on quiet days when I worked in a bookstore. So every Sunday morning I sit down at the computer and peep at other people's secrets. It satisifies the nosy side of me. Some are heartbreaking, some are funny and some just make you think. But more often than not I find that they make me thankful for what I have. Go check it out if you have time.


And finally, a massive congratulations to the boyfriend who got a new job this weekend!!! He'd been made redundant last Christmas and since then I think unemployment was gradually taking it's toll on him. I couldn't be more proud!

1 comment:

  1. Have you decided ...is it Olly or Harry ... or will you wait til you see him ????

    LOVE these boots ...so cute ... so tiny ...so practical.... wish i was a better knitter lol

    Iam so proud of him too.
    PLEASE rest and take care xx.

    ReplyDelete