Saturday, 5 June 2010

What's on my Needles ... or How I Started a Jumper and Lost My Mind.

I'd like to say that this will be a regular post showing off my latest knitting project but what's more likely is that it'll become an epic, never-ending saga involving a beige jumper. But never fear! It'll probably be filled with laughter, tears, tragedy and triumph - hopefully more triumph than anything else. So why not come along for the ride?


I'm knitting said jumper for an unlucky family member's birthday which is 6 weeks from now. Plenty of time. Or is it? So far I have knitted a third of the back in a week. Not great :(






I'm using Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Aran Tweed Yarn in colours 03 and 04 and this pattern. I'm leaving out the fairisle pattern as I don't think the recipient of this jumper will like that - and also I'm lousy at that type of thing. I can't handle too many colours at once!

So, I'll be back with an update sometime next weekend, and hopefully I will have completed the back - keep everything crossed for me!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for following my blog, i am now also following yours. i love your background!!!! i can knit, but i get bored to quickly!! excited to see what you do next xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it ... you may finish it just in time ...but you will finish it....you could not lol.... love your writing style xx

    ReplyDelete